- Information Collected. By using the term “Personal Information”, we refer to information that you individually provided to Langer Research and its data collection partners, and that either on its own or in combination with other information, can be used to identify you or make you identifiable. Personal information includes, for example, your name, telephone number, mailing address and/or other information that identifies you or makes you identifiable. Additionally, with your consent, Langer Research and its data collection partners may have collected and processed other potentially sensitive information provided by you (i.e., Information revealing ethnic or racial origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, and other personal or household attributes.).
- Compliance with Law and Regulation. The Center and our vendor, Langer Research, strive to ensure that Personal Information and other sensitive information is collected and processed in compliance with applicable data protection and other laws and regulations.
- How Information is used. Via Langer Research and other data collection partners, the Center gathered information about data subjects for a global survey taking place in 20 countries. The Center will use the information to generate and release reports comparing cross-national public opinion. The information collected is being transferred electronically to Langer Research, which is headquartered in New York. Langer Research is providing the Center information so the Center may conduct its analysis and research. Langer Research and the Center will keep your Personal Information confidential and will only use the information for the purposes stated at the point of collection. The Center processes your Personal Information on the basis of our legitimate research interests, or for sensitive information, on the basis of your consent. If you object to this processing, we will no longer process your Personal Information unless there are compelling and prevailing legitimate grounds for the processing or the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. If you object to such processing, we ask you to state the grounds of your objection in order for us to examine the processing of your Personal Information and decide whether to adjust the processing accordingly.
- How long Information will be kept. The Center will retain Personal Information only for the period necessary to complete research analysis and in compliance with applicable law. The Center will instruct Langer Research to destroy any Personal Information on its servers as well.
- Your rights. You have the right to access the Personal Information that we hold about you and the right to request restriction of processing, rectification, erasure, and portability of your Personal Information. When you request to exercise these rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act upon your request. You may also withdraw consent to process your Personal Information at any time. Withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it is withdrawn, and the Center may rely on an alternative legal basis to process your Personal Information. To find out more information or exercise your rights, please contact us at:
Pew Research Center
1615 L Street NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
Attn: Alycia Kantor
You may also lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your Personal Information is unlawful.