This profile provides key demographic information on Latino eligible voters 1 and other major groups of eligible voters in Wyoming.2 All demographic data are based on Pew Research Center tabulations of the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2014 American Community Survey.3
Hispanics in Wyoming’s Eligible Voter Population
- The Hispanic population in Wyoming is the 43rd largest in the nation. About 57,000 Hispanics reside in Wyoming, 0.1% of all Hispanics in the United States.
- Wyoming’s population is 10% Hispanic, the 22nd largest Hispanic statewide population share nationally.
- There are 28,000 Hispanic eligible voters in Wyoming—the 43rd largest Hispanic statewide eligible voter population nationally. California ranks first with 6.9 million.
- Some 7% of Wyoming eligible voters are Hispanic, the 18th largest Hispanic statewide eligible voter share nationally. New Mexico ranks first with 40%.
- Some 49% of Hispanics in Wyoming are eligible to vote, ranking Wyoming 17th nationwide in the share of the Hispanic population that is eligible to vote. By contrast, 78% of the state’s white population is eligible to vote.