This profile provides key demographic information on Latino eligible voters1 and other major groups of eligible voters in Idaho.2 All demographic data are based on Pew Research Center tabulations of the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2014 American Community Survey.3
Hispanics in Idaho’s Eligible Voter Population
- The Hispanic population in Idaho ranks 33rd in the nation. About 198,000 Hispanics reside in Idaho, 0.4% of all Hispanics in the United States.
- Idaho’s population is 12% Hispanic, the 16th largest Hispanic statewide population share nationally.
- There are 80,000 Hispanic eligible voters in Idaho—ranking 33rd in Hispanic statewide eligible voter population nationally. California ranks first with 6.9 million.
- Some 7% of Idaho eligible voters are Hispanic, the 16th largest Hispanic statewide eligible voter share nationally. New Mexico ranks first with 40%.
- Some 40% of Hispanics in Idaho are eligible to vote, ranking Idaho 31st nationwide in the share of the Hispanic population that is eligible to vote. By contrast, three-quarters of the state’s white population is eligible to vote.