This page includes sample language for sharing your library user type quiz with your community or group, including sample language for email and social media sharing, an embeddable widget for your website, and a flyer you can edit and print out for your library patrons. The sample text included on this page is entirely optional; we provide it only for your convenience. No matter how you share your quiz with your community or group, be sure to use either your unique URL or your group ID, both of which can be found in the email you received from us after registering your group.
In general, you have two main options for inviting members of your community to take your quiz:
Option 1: Send them the unique URL you received in your registration email.
Option 2: Send them the general group sign-in page at https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/quiz/library-typology/group/ and tell them to use the group ID you received in your registration email.
Please note that anyone who takes the quiz with your unique URL or group ID will be considered part of your community, and thus counted in your results.
Sharing your quiz via email
Sample email language to invite group members to take your quiz:
We’re excited to share with you a new quiz from the Pew Research Center’s Internet Project that will help us learn about the role [your library’s name]’s plays in our community.
Our unique version of this library user quiz will let us gather data specifically about our community. The results will help us learn how people use our local public library, how they think about their library’s impact on the community and what their views are on the importance of libraries in the digital age. Any information collected in the quiz will be anonymous and not personally identifiable.
To start, take the “What type of library user are you?” quiz on the Pew Research Center’s website: [insert unique URL here]
You can also visit the general sign in page here and enter our group ID: [insert group ID here]
Sharing your quiz via social media
Start by pasting https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/quiz/library-typology/group/ in the status box. Once the link populates below, add the following text:
Are you a “Library Lover”? Or are you totally “Off the Grid?” See how your own library habits stack up against the rest of our community—and the U.S. as a whole! Take the quiz to help us learn what role [your library’s name] plays in our community. Just visit the link above and enter [your group ID] for the group ID.
We are using this quiz and group ID to gather data specifically about our community. If you would like to share the quiz with friends outside of the community, they can take the general quiz at http://pewrsr.ch/1mYpUh5.
Twitter option 1: Sample tweets using your unique URL
- Are you a Library Lover? Or totally Off the Grid? Help us learn about our community’s library use: [Insert your unique URL from the registration email]
- How does your library use stack up against your community—and the general population? [Insert your unique URL]
- Quiz: Help us learn more about how you use our library [Insert your unique URL]
- Do you use our library? See how your habits compare with other patrons [Insert your unique URL]
Twitter option 2: Sample tweets using your group ID
- Are you a Library Lover? Or totally Off the Grid? Help us learn about our community’s library use: http://pewrsr.ch/1pEm6b1 Use group ID [insert your group ID from the registration email]
- How does your library use stack up against your community—and the general population? http://pewrsr.ch/1pEm6b1 Use group ID [your group ID]
- Quiz: Help us learn more about how you use our library http://pewrsr.ch/1pEm6b1 Use group ID [your group ID]
- Do you use our library? See how your habits compare with other patrons http://pewrsr.ch/1pEm6b1 Use group ID [your group ID]
Embedding a promotional widget on your website
Need a widget for sharing your unique quiz with your group? We have provided a way to generate a customized widget that you can embed on your website. The widget will include your Group Name and link directly to your quiz. You can generate the embed code for your customized widget after you create your group quiz; or, if you already have your group ID, you can enter it on this widget page. Once you have generated your code, you can paste it into your website where you would like your widget to appear.
Visit this page for code you can copy and paste into your website to embed a link to the quiz on your website or blog.
If you would like to include an image when sharing the quiz, we have included one below. Just right-click and save the image to your computer and then upload it to your website or social media post.
Sharing your quiz via paper printouts or PDFs
We created a customizable flyer for you to use in your library. Simply download the file and insert the unique URL for your group’s quiz. You can then print copies of the document to share with your patrons or post in public spaces.