1. What does the line on the map represent?
- Mississippi River
- New Madrid Fault
- Proposed Keystone XL Pipeline
- Expansion of the Midwest Regional Railroad Line
2. What is the name of this person?
- Malcolm X
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Jesse Jackson
- Thurgood Marshall
3. Which country is Pope Francis originally from?
4. The United States recently announced that it would re-establish diplomatic relations with which of the following countries?
- North Korea
5. Who is Malala Yousafzai?
- 2014 Nobel Peace Prize recipient
- The first Muslim woman elected to the U.S. Congress
- An Academy Award-winning director
- Pakistan’s ambassador to the U.S.
6. To comply with the health care law, most Americans need to indicate they have health insurance coverage when they…
- Vote in an election
- Change their address
- File their taxes
- Receive a driver’s license
7. This graph shows the trend in what national statistic?
- The inflation rate
- The corporate tax rate
- The high school dropout rate
- The unemployment rate
8. Which dot on this map represents where the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay is located?
9. There are nine justices on the Supreme Court of the United States. How many are women?
10. What country does this person lead?
- North Korea
- South Korea
11. Which of the following shows the number of seats each party holds in the U.S. Senate?
12. In what year did the U.S. war in Afghanistan begin? Was it…
13. Which one is Elizabeth Warren, the senator from Massachusetts?
14. What percentage of today’s U.S. population was born in another country?
15. What percentage of immigrants in the U.S. today are living here illegally?
16. Over the last five years, the largest group of immigrants to the United States has come from…
- Latin America
- Middle East