Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. It conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research in the areas of U.S. politics and policy views; media and journalism; internet and technology; religion and public life; Hispanic trends; global attitudes and U.S. social and demographic trends. Pew Research does not take policy positions. It is a subsidiary of The Pew Charitable Trusts. Pew Research Center’s work is carried out by a staff of 130.
The Digital Producer will play a key role in the day-to-day production of multiple Pew Research Center web sites and other digital properties. He/she will format and upload reports, graphics and other materials using a variety of publishing systems and serve as a resource for all digital production needs across the Center. This position reports to the Digital Project Manager, but works closely with editors, researchers, graphic artists, front- and back-end web developers, communications and IT staff. Occasional night and weekend hours required.
- Publish content to Pew Research web sites using WordPress and other content management systems
- Serve as project manager for multiple assigned research areas to manage production workflow for digital products and collaborate on creating content that best conveys Pew Research data findings
- Publish e-mail newsletters and other promotional materials
- Collaborate with digital analytics specialist, social media editor and design teams to ensure all content is optimized for search and social media
- Make updates to web site home pages
- Perform quality control for all materials published
- Develop a sophisticated understanding of Pew Research Center digital publishing systems
- Provide training and support to less experienced users
- Collaborate with communications, editors, and digital analytics specialist to maintain and apply content taxonomy and ensure content is optimized for search
- Bachelor’s degree
- One to three years digital production experience, ideally at a think-tank, research, or news organization
- Experience with WordPress
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of standards-based HTML, CSS and search engine optimization
- Familiarity with Photoshop and other visual-design tools
- Interest in emerging digital technologies including content management, publication workflow, mobile, social media marketing, audio/video, etc.
- Basic understanding of fundamentals of information architecture and user-centric design
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics or other web analytics tools
- Ability to meet deadlines with strict attention to detail and accuracy
- Interest in Pew Research Center’s diverse body of work and in exploring innovative ways of presenting data and research via digital channels
FLSA Status: Exempt
Applicant should send a résumé, cover letter (indicating where you learned of the opening) with salary expectations and stating your experience communicating about data to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses can also be mailed to:
Human Resources Department
Pew Research Center
1615 L Street, NW, Suite 700
Washington, DC 20036
We are an equal opportunity employer.